Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just Catching Up

Olivia and I have been all over the country the past couple weeks. We were in Stettler for almost a week for Danelle and Jason's wedding. Then, we spent the long weekend in Saskatchewan for a family reunion. I finally have a few minutes to update and am quite looking forward to doing NOTHING for the next couple weeks.

I have learned that the days of easy travelling with Olivia are just a memory. She no longer sleeps for 3 hours and hates that she is stuck in that darn car seat. We travelled to Stettler with Great Grandpa Klettke and her whining in the back seat for 2 hours almost sent us both over the edge.

Olivia has also decided that she doesn't like to sleep anymore. So afraid to miss something. While we were in Saskatchewan, she napped for maybe an hour each day and didn't go to sleep until Mommy went to bed too. She did manage to stay relatively upbeat considering how little sleep she had. Now that we have been home a couple days, things don't seem to be changing too much. Still only having one nap a day, a little longer though (usually 2 hours) and hating bedtime with a passion. She does everything she possibly can to stay awake, kicks her legs, moves her arms, talks. I'm hoping this will only be a short phase and then she will get back into her old routine.

Here are some pictures from recent pictures of Olivia, the wedding and the reunion...


















No comments: