Olivia has mastered giving high fives, turning the TV on and off, and turning on the lights. We got Olivia a potty for her birthday that has already been set up in the bathroom. So when I go to the bathroom she follows and sits on her potty, then when we flush the toilet she waves good-bye. She also loves to join me for showers. She loves the water spraying down on her and rubs the shampoo in her hair. You can also ask Olivia how big she is and she throws her hands up in the air to show you. She has also really taken an interest in her stuffed animals and baby dolls. She has a pink kitten she loves to hug and kiss and make other people hug and kiss. She also loves to hold her baby doll. She rocks it, pat its back and shush it to sleep. Cam seems to think she wants a baby brother or sister.....
She still refuses to walk. I say refuse because I know she can but she chooses not to. She takes steps on her own all the time and when she thinks no one is looking she has walked across the living room a couple times. She starts daycare on Monday and there are two almost 2 year olds, so I hoping she will start walking to keep up with them. She also loves to dance. Any music comes on and she starts to move. There is nothing sweeter than watching her shake her booty. She has one base leg and then the other one just shakes and wiggles around.
Her vocabulary is expanding all the time. She loves to point at everything and ask "that?". Her favorite words are "dad", "mom", "that", "bye" and "trees". Also growing as she grows is her attitude. I tell you what we are gonna have our hands full with this one. I don't know where it came from because both Cam and I were angels growing up....right. Olivia is not shy about letting know when she doesn't like something. One thing she hates right now is diaper changes, so she basically gets straped down like a mental patient because she will try to jump off the change table. And while she does listen very well, I think she likes to hear me tell her "no" a million times a day.
For now I'll end with some pictures and I hope to do her one year (YIKES) update on time. Her party is the 27th so are getting ready for that, hoping and praying for good weather.









No comments:
Post a Comment