Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May Update






We were hoping May would be the start of summer but our month was cold, wet and even snowy! Our garden is still not planted, or even dug up! I was hoping to take the kids for more walks and trips to the park last month but its nearly impossible when it is snowing/raining for days straight. Gotta love Alberta!

Olivia is still going to the Y and now has two classes on Friday mornings. She really loves both, one is the same as before and the second is in the gym, where they get free time and play games. She has enjoyed learning new games and being able to "teach" them to Daddy and I later. She does get a little frustrated because the other kids have been before and know most of the games, but she still tries and is doing very well. Only a couple weeks left of regular weekly activities, then she has 3 weeks throughout the summer of Mon-Fri 9-12 day camp! Mommy is very excited for this!

Lincoln is moving, moving, moving. Army crawling, crawling on his hands and feet, going up and down our stairs (thankfully theres only 2!!), chasing his sister around the house. I feel like I am constantly cleaning the floor, as he will crawl across the house for any little crumb he's sees. At this point, I am still faster than him but I have still had to grab a couple rocks out of his mouth. He is starting to pull himself up onto anything he can but has managed to crash quite a few times.

This month, Lincoln finally had his first 2 teeth breakthrough. I expect to see more teeth in there anytime, he is constantly chewing on anything he can get in his mouth. He also went in for his latest set of shots and at his 7 month birthday, he weighed 19 lbs 3 oz and was 27 inches long. He's actually smaller than Olivia was weight-wise but a little taller.

Lincoln is 100% bottle fed now. And unlike Olivia, still loves to be spoonfed. He's started to have some finger foods, like Cheerios, Mum Mums and cut up banana, but he still prefers to be fed. He still loves squash and I find myself mixing it into everything so he will eat. He's not a huge fan of anything too sweet and I think he may hate applesauce. He is finally sleeping thru the night, after 7 long months of waking up at least once a night, he has finally decided to sleep all night and in his own crib, too!

For May Long weekend, we headed up to Didsbury and spent the weekend with Cam's family. As usual, everyone had a great time and a great visit. Some of Cam's cousins were down for the weekend as well, so Olivia had a great time playing with her little cousins too! The weather wasn't great but the guys did manage to get a few rounds of golf in. We have friends up there too, so we were able to leave the kids with Grandma and Grandpa and have a good night out. Didsbury has a great swimming pool and we were able to take the kids twice. The first day was really quiet and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Olivia was IN LOVE with the waterslide and we made countless trips up the stairs with her so she could ride the "twisty slide". For a kid who won't even put her head in the water at bathtime, she sure did love getting soaked on the waterslide. The second day was much busier but we met up with Great Auntie Wendy and cousin, Ronnie, and the kids had a ton of fun at the pool together.

Two days at the pool and we could not miss out on one near drowning experience. Olivia decided the first day that it was too much fun and she did NOT want to leave. So we went back to the changerooms, had our quick shower and headed to the lockers. Lincoln was with Auntie Nikki and when I went to unlock my locker I called for Olivia...she was not there. Went back to the showers, thinking maybe she jumped in with Grandma....NOPE!! Immediately ran back out to the pool, to see my child in the deep end! Luckily, she must have just jumped in because when I jumped in and pulled her out (Yes, I beat the lifegaurd to her!) she did not even sputter or cough. She sure gave everyone, including herself, a good scare and I doubt she will do that again anytime soon. But it was a good reminder to always be on your toes with a sneaky two year old!

No comments: