Monday, October 6, 2008

One Year Old

Wow....I have really dropped the ball on this. Olivia has been one for over 2 weeks and I am just now finding the time to post what is going to be a long update.

So Sept 20, Olivia turned one. Wow!! Honestly, it just hit a few days ago that I have a one year old. So much has changed in the past 4 weeks or so, it is unreal. First, we barely noticed her birthday at all because the poor girl decided to get her first flu bug the day before her birthday. So most of that whole weekend was spent cleaning up poop and puke and pedialyte. We both felt so bad for her. She was so good, despite how sick she was. She would play with her toys and just kinda whimper to let us know that she was just not well.

Once she started feeling better, she totally picked up walking and has been a little walking machine ever since. Being in daycare with a 20 month has been so good for her. She has picked up on so much and this past weekend, I actually got to see the 2 of them play together. They were sooo cute. They chase each other around and just squeal and laugh at each other for hours. Makenzie calls Olivia "Ra-ra", so sweet. Olivia's vocabulary and understanding of words continues to grow and amaze us. She says things like, "ball, tree, duck, baby".....she recently learned how to quack like a duck. She knows which item you are talking about when you tell her to get her baby, ball, etc. I can't believe how smart she is.

We had her first birthday party on the 27th. It was a great time and we were so happy so many people were able to travel down and celebrate with her. The weather was so nice, a little windy but still nice enough that we could sit outside. Olivia enjoyed her cake, like her usual dainty self. She refused to get dirty but loved to eat the cake if you tore little pieces for her.

I think that is all for now.....no new pictures since I am on the computer at work

No comments: