Well Olivia is now 13 months old....I dunno, it seems silly to me to keep track of months at this point. Olivia grows bigger and smarter everyday. She is now walking and running up a storm. She loves to chase you around the house and loves when you hide behind a door and jump out at her. She thinks getting the pants scared off her is funny. This month she has started to initiate games like peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake. Her new fave, however, is jumping on the bed.....she loves Mommy to sing the "no more monkeys jumping on the bed" song and she jumps and jumps....and then sings "jump, jump, jump".
She also loves to talk!! She chats to pretty much anyone and anything that will listen. She has conversations with her toys and looking at herself in the mirror. She also has mastered the cell phone. She picks them up, flips them open, puts them to her ear and starts gabbing and laughing away. I wonder who she's talking too because by the sounds of things they are old friends and very funny. Olivia just figured out how to say "Hi!" and has even managed a few "Hi, Daddy". However, my favorite new thing is her new understanding of questions. You ask her something and she will nod afterwards to answer yes or no. I am truly amazed at her ability to pick up on the parts of speech that you think would take so long to master.
Everyday with Olivia has been a blessing and we truly believe we have been blessed with one of the most laidback, mellow children of all time. I am hoping this continues for a long time but having already seen a few temper tantrums, I know we are in for some interesting times ahead. I'm sure our parents will enjoy watching us struggle with a child who has Cam's "I don't care" attitude and my short temper but all in all it will be a great journey and I wouldn't change a minute of it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment