Saturday, August 18, 2007

The 37th Week

Where to begin?? I guess I should start by saying that she is now considered full-term and could make her appearance at any time. Unfortunately for me, any time looks like it could be a long time from now. My 37 week appointment was on Monday and it has taken me until now to post about it. Basically, the baby hasn't dropped, she's in the right position but my doctor was very sure that I would be back next Monday. I was even expecting an internal exam, but the doctor didn't see any point in doing it. I left my appointment feeling discouraged to say the least. I mean, I definitely want her to stay in there until she is ready but I would like to know there has been some progress. I have had some contractions in the past couple weeks, I would just like to know they are doing something.
My Mom and Grandma both say that my belly is looking lower...but I think it's wishful thinking. I guess it is my own fault, I allowed myself to believe that she was gonna be early and September would come and I would already have her. It's hard when people ask how I am feeling, because physically I feel great, some aches and pains but overall very good....mentally, I am exhausted, frustrated, so many emotions. I get lots of the "I am getting so impatient and excited for her to get here" comment.....oh really??? Well, imagine that times about a million and that would be how Cam and I feel at this point.
Wednesday, I travelled to Calgary. Sadly, my Dad's oldest sister, Lori, passed away. I was very thankful that my grandparents were willing to travel with me as Cam was working. Despite the circumstances, it was very nice to see everyone. My cousin, Christa and her husband John happened to be in Canada. So I got to meet the infamous, Tula Belle. I have to say waiting for her arrival at the end of June helped me focus on something other than my own pregnancy and was a great distraction to me. Tula is so cute....and so good!! If my baby is half as good, I will be one happy Mama!! Making the quick trip to Calgary was hard on the body though. I got back to the Hat at 9pm with very swollen ankles and a very sore back.
My next appointment is Monday...hopefully I have something more positive to report. Here is a picture of what is turning into a gigantic belly, taken today at 37 weeks 5 days

No comments: