Friday, August 24, 2007
38...no wait...37 weeks!
So my doctor's appointment on Monday was shocking to say the least. I woke up Monday morning feeling like absolute crap. Headache, nausea and exhausted....pretty much the way I felt the first 3 months of this pregnancy. I was also having some painful contractions but nothing coming regularly. So I go to my appointment and tell the doctor how I am feeling. "Oh it sounds like you have a virus, go home and drink lots of fluids."........WHAT?? I'm 38 weeks pregnant and you just pass this off as a virus!! You have got to be kidding me!! Then the doctor asks how far along I am....I say 38 weeks.....and he goes "Um, no....you are 37 weeks and 2 days, you are due on Sept 8 according to your ultrasound." I had never been told that the entire time, never once did any of the doctors ever mention that my due date had changed. When I had my ultrasound in April, the technician had mentioned that I was measuring behind but the doctor would decide if my dates would change. Apparently, they did but no one chose to inform me. I told Cam the other day that I will never have another baby in this city again!! I was never informed whether or not I passed my gestational diabetes test and had to ask and the same with my Group B strep test. I get so frustrated with these doctors. I don't really care that my due date has changed except that it means I could possibly be pregnant until Sept 22 (if I were to go 2 weeks overdue, which they allow you to do here)....that's a whole month of being pregnant I would still have to live through.....OH MY GOD!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment