Tuesday, May 6, 2008

7 1/2 Months Old

Sorry it has been so long since I last updated, things have been so crazy. Olivia is already 7 and a half months old and I am just now getting around to do an update. We have been so busy lately and things don't look like they will calming down anytime soon. The weather has been great so we have spent tons of time out in the yard. We love having such a huge yard and have plenty of projects out there this summer. We have also been very busy with our families. A bunch of Cam's family was in town the last weekend of April for the Rattler Run. My family has been in town on and off since then as well, with my Grandma being very ill. She is out the hospital and everyone has been working to get her settled at home and of course I get a cold so I haven't been able to visit. I am starting to feel better and am hoping to be able to visit again soon.
Olivia has had her first taste of interaction with other kids this month. She got to see her cousin Ronnie, who is almost 3, and while they didn't interact much, did love to watch him and cry along with him. Olivia also got to meet her cousin Tula, who was up from Arizona. It was so cute to see the girls together and I love how excited/confused Olivia gets around other people her own size. Olivia has also got to play with Makenzie a couple times (Makenzie is the daughter of some friends of ours and is 15 months old). They are really cute together, Makenzie tries to share but not her dollys and she tried to sit on Olivia's lap.
Olivia is still not officially crawling but she is speedy and pulls herself wherever she wants to go. She is in love with standing and walking, so maybe she will skip crawling all together. With all the visitors recently, Olivia has been a little needier than normal so I have a baby attached to my hip again (excuse an typos too...someone is trying to type too).
Olivia's been really good about being off her schedule for weeks, poor girl has missed more than a few lunches and dinners. But she has started to feed herself Cheerios and loves yogurt....oh and she holds her own bottle which is awesome. We gave up on the sippy cups for now and got her a cup with a straw. She seems to like the straw better, although I don't know how much water she actually gets because she makes a lot of fountains.
Oh yea!! I can't believe I almost forgot...she finally popped out one of her top teeth last week and the other one is not far behind!!
I'll try and update more often but for now here are a few more pictures....






No comments: