So I can honetly say I have totally dropped the ball when it comes to this blog. I guess having no computer at home and a full time job tends to interfere with my time to update but I am officially promising that will no longer be the case after today!
I don't even know where to begin. So much has changed since my last update. Olivia is now 16...almost 17...months old and she is no longer my little baby. She is such a little girl. I tend to think of her getting older by the way her hair grows. It is so curly but long enough that I can pull it all back into a ponytail after a bath. She looks so grown up with her little ponytails, something I definitely could not do when she was my bald baby.
Her vocabulary continues to amaze us. She will try and say almost every word we ask her to. My favorite things she says are purple, turtle and butt (only because there is a slapping action to go along with it). She has recently started putting together 2 word phrases, like "MAMA NO!" or "Daddy do". Along with her expanding vocabulary, she is developing quite the sense of humor. She loves to make us laugh and when she finds something that makes us giggle, she doesn't quit.
There have been two major changes in Olivia's life the past few months. One being that she no longer uses a bottle. For the longest time I didn't think that she would ever be done with it. But one day we just decided to try and take it away and see how she reacted. Overall she did really well, only a couple days and she quit asking for it and only a few bedtimes to get used to going to bed without her bottle and we haven't looked back since.
The other major change is that Cam got laid off in the middle of January, so we decided that he should stay home for a few months until the job market hopefully turns around in the spring. Right now, Cam and Olivia are enjoying spending lots of time together and I am enjoying all the little projects that are getting done around the house while I am at work.
Olivia, I am sorry there is such a large blank spot in your blog but know that Mommy and Daddy have been enjoying every minute with you. I promise to do a better job documenting all the things you do. And I promise to bring the camera to work and download some pictures of you, so this blog is no longer just Mommy blubbering on and on about you.
No comments:
Post a Comment