We did a great job of keeping a secret for the first few weeks but the news is out now, Olivia will be a big sister in October! We are so excited and anxiously awaiting Thanksgiving this year, as I am due on Thanksgiving Sunday. We made a big round trip weekend to tell everyone in person and were so happy that everyone shares our excitement and enthusiasm.
I will admit that as much fun as it was to have our own little secret, it is such a relief to finally be able to tell people. When I was pregnant with Olivia, there were lots of people, like co-workers, that knew right away and we told our families within the first few weeks. This time we decided to keep things quiet for longer. It was actually really great to just be able to enjoy everything and get used to the idea that we would soon be a family of four.
Now our world is quickly filling up with Doctor's appointments and ultrasound dates. Our ultrasound is scheduled for May 20th. I am really excited for my next appointment. We should be able to hear the heartbeat and I will be able to get more information about whether I might be able to try for a vaginal delivery this time or if it will be a scheduled c-section. At this point I am trying to stay neutral and not decide what I want to do until I find out what my options are.
Olivia, of course, has no idea what is going on but we try and explain. She knows that when we ask her where the baby is, she is supposed to point at my belly. Sometimes she points at my knee or arm but she's catching on. I am super excited that they will only be 2 years apart. We wanted our kids close in age and I have a feeling we will probably only end up having the 2. I always said I wanted 3 or 4 but I am having a hard time adjusting to this early pregnancy stuff with a 18 month old already. I have not been nearly as sick as I was with Olivia but I have been far more exhausted and could easily sleep all day and all night. I am definitely looking forward to feeling better and having my energy back so I can start enjoying this pregnancy and Olivia more. I have definitely been feeling a lot of guilt recently because between being sick and having a full-time job, I have definitely not been pulling my weight at home. My saving grace has been the fact that Cam is at home and taking care of everything.
I will try to post more often and keep everyone in the loop as to what is going on. I realize the last few posts have been kind of random and choppy but work is not necessarily the best environment for blogging. Sometimes I start a post and finish it 3 hours later with no idea where I was going or what I was talking about.
1 comment:
Yeah, I am so excited for you guys. Especially the birth date...it is a perfect day to be born. Olivia will be an awesome big sister, I bet she will have a lot of fun with a baby around!
Post after your ultrasound so we can start a poll. I may just jinx myself here but I think I like those so much cause im always the closest (haha and Grandma was always the furthest). Im looking forward to the updates!
Post a Comment