Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The First 3 Weeks




When they say that it is harder going from one child to two, then it is to go from zero to one, they are not kidding. The last three weeks have flown by, it's been a crazy, amazing time in our household. Lincoln is totally the love of my life. He is the most perfect little baby, more than I could have ever imagined. I worried that I would be lost with a boy but he has just completed our family, like he was always meant to be here. I'm not going to lie, I have been peed on everyday since he was born but I am slowly figuring that out. He is breastfeeding like a champ and getting bigger by the second....he will surely be bigger than Olivia was. After a week of stressful doctors appointments and trips to the hospital for bloodwork, his jaundice is finally cleared up.

I think that because I know we are done having babies, I find myself eating up every second with Lincoln. With Olivia, I was constantly looking forward to the next milestone she would hit and sometimes I still find myself saying "I can't wait until..." Not with Lincoln, I think when you are a parent for the first time, the first few weeks you just go into survival mode and this time I feel none of that new baby anxiety and I can just enjoy him.

Olivia has been doing so well adjusting to her new brother. She definitely has her good and bad moments but there is nothing that makes me happier than when she says "I love my baby Lincoln". I only find myself looking forward to him being a little older for her sake, so that she can truly start to enjoy him and play with him. She definitely loves her weekends with Daddy now. I try really hard to give her as much attention as I can but it can be hard with a baby permanently attached to your boob, so it makes Daddy and visitor time that much more special for her.

Olivia has also started POTTY TRAINING! So exciting for us....we thought she would never be ready. It has only been a couple days but she is doing so well. She says "Good Job Olivia" everytime she goes in the potty. She is definitely just as proud of herself as we are. I hope that things continue to go as well as they have been because I am done with diapering a 2 year old.

No comments: