I haven't done an update on you in awhile...I didn't even do a big second birthday post for you. But I thought I should do an update on what you are doin these days.
This month, you:
- are my super helper. You love to pull a chair up in the kitchen and help make supper or cookies or the dishes. You love when we let you wash your hands and face after meals. Your favorite thing to say these days is "all by myself", you are definitely an independent little lady.
- you love singing!! Love, love, love it. You sing along with your favorite shows or while you play. Your favorite book right now is the nursery rhyme book and you love when we sing the songs for you. You can pretty much count to 20....you skip a number here and there... and we are now working on the ABCs. Your imagination amazes me all the time and you are so much fun to play with right now. One day you decided to pretend I was Dr. Mommy and you had broken legs, and you thought it was so cool when I took a receiving blanket and made casts for your legs. Now we play that game all the time.
- you love to be funny. Sometimes you say things that make us laugh and you don't always understand why its funny but you love making us laugh. Our current favorites are when you called Daddy a toolbox or when you were pointing out things on Daddy's shirt and asked "What the fox face?"
- you are still doing really well with your potty training. You still wear diapers at bedtime and naptime, mainly because so far you refuse to poop in your potty but you love to get up and take your diaper off and throw it away. Very rarely do you have accidents during the day and I'm hoping you will be able to start wearing panties and pants again soon. Hopefully before Christmas or we could have some interesting holiday photos
- you are having more and more terrible two moments. I guess we couldn't skip this, no matter how much I hoped you would. Somedays you are downright miserable. You like to refuse to eat dinner or lunch and only want to eat snacks...unfortunately for you, Mommy and Daddy don't play that game, you eat you meal or you get nothing. You only chose nothing once. You try to skip your naps, especially days when Daddy is home, and trust us, you are not ready for no naps. Yikes! Grandma and Auntie B were down last weekend and watched you and Lincoln, while Mommy and Daddy went out for a few hours. That night was the first time you everrefused to sleep. Not initially, you went to bed with no fuss at your usual bedtime but you woke up shortly after we got home and it took all 4 of us several hours to get you to sleep. Not fun....please don't do it again. I can't imagine there are people who go through that on a daily basis
You are turning into such a fun little lady. Thank you for being so patient with us even though we have basically turned your world upside down the last few months. You are a great big sister and Lincoln is so lucky to have you. I hope you guys will be the best of friends. Daddy and I know that we have been blessed with two of the greatest kids ever. We love you more than you will ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment