Monday, November 16, 2009

Lincoln is One Month Old


In your first month, you:
- love to eat and are growing like a weed. At your one month check up you weighed 10 lbs 10 oz and were 21.5 inches long. No wonder Mommy tends to feel like a dairy cow somedays. You only cry when you are hungry.
- despite how much you are growing, you still spit up a lot...A LOT....your doctor said you have reflux but thankfully it is not causing you any pain so you don't need any medication for it. Your sister never really spit up so this is new to us, I still haven't got into the habit of putting the recieving blanket on me before burping you and tend to use it more like a towel to wipe up the mess. Lucky for you I don't quite fit into my old clothes (thank you giant boobs), so you can wreck my old maternity clothes all you want.
- you are incredibly strong. You love to be held upright so you can push yourself back and look around. At one month old, you have rolled your self from your tummy to your back 3 times during tummy time.
- you love your sleep. You are usually awake in the mornings for a few hours and in the evening but you sleep most of the afternoon. At night, you get up every 3 hours to eat or snuggle. You usually start the night in your bassinet beside the bed but you have yet to spend the whole night in it. I have finally figured out how to get you to nurse while you lie beside me. I love the snuggles and how we both just fall back to sleep. Since Daddy is in Maple Creek from Monday-Friday, I like having you in bed with me, otherwise I would be very lonely.
- you have started to smile. It is so exciting! You get the biggest grins and other silly faces. Daddy and I love it, I get teary eyed everytime. I can`t wait to catch one on camera to show everyone how cute you look.
Our first month we you has been amazing. I fall more in love with you every second. I love watching you with your sister, she really loves to be around you and help take care of you....most days. I love to see you with your Daddy, especially since you guys don`t see each other everyday, I feel like I get to watch as you get to know each other. I have loved introducing you to all your extended family too. You have been such a blessing to them too, when you met your Papa Larry for the first time was quite possibly one of my proudest moments as a daughter. I am looking forward to many more special moments ahead as you continue to grow and change, my baby boy.

No comments: