For the past 3 Tuesdays, Cam and I have been going to prenatal classes. I love them, he thinks they are boring but I drag him anyway! The first 2 classes were about Labour and Delivery. We got to watch some lovely videos, I had already seen one so it wasn't nearly as shocking for me. I did enjoy when they showed the shot of the baby crowning and Cam gasped "Oh My God!" under his breath. After class when we were driving home, all he said was "I'm really sorry."
I'm trying to take in everything they teach us. I love being over prepared for things! And I realized that I actually know nothing about babies and can honestly say I don't think I have ever changed a diaper in my life. This week we talked about postpartum care and next week is how to take care of a newborn, should be exciting! Our final class is a tour of the hospital and we can pre-register.
Last night our instructor brought out the "Empathy Belly". I was so happy when Cam got up there and put it on!! She made him pretend he was lying in bed and had to roll over and then get up to pee!! Watching him grunt and groan and struggle was the best thing I have ever seen. I could not stop laughing, that has been my life for the past few weeks. He even promised he wouldn't yell at me for disturbing his sleep with my awkward flipping and flopping in the middle of the night. And he promised to fix the toilet in our ensuite ASAP!! No more waddling across the house for me!!
1 comment:
Candace, I love the blog idea but can we get some more pictures of you!!!?
Post a Comment