Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ow Ow Ow!!

Yuck.....today was the big day. Olivia's 2 month shots. Ugh!! Poor girl. She had three needles today and let me tell you, she did NOT like them one bit. Oh man, I felt so bad holding her, knowing that she was in so much pain. The last one was especially bad for her and to actually see pain in your baby's eyes is just heartbreaking. I cried because I felt so horrible for her and that I had chosen to do this to her. Her next set off shots is in February and a part of me is seriously considering delayig them or sending Cam. I don't know if I could handle that again.
On the plus side, she is growing really well. Today she weighed 12 lbs 13 oz and is 22.5 inches long. Right now she is in the 50 percentile for height and the 90 percentile for weight and head circumfrence. It's so hard to believe that she is already that big. We are actually going shopping on the weekend and we have to pick up something to store all the stuff she has grown out of. Some of my favorite little sleepers are getting to be too small. While I know she has a great wardrobe and tons of cute outfits to come, it makes me sad that she will probably only wear her purple Pooh suit a couple more times.
This weekend is our big weekend to get ready for Christmas. We're going to get our shopping as close to done as possible and set up the decorations. We also have some stuff to do around the house to get ready for winter as we woke up to our first snow of the year. Sunday we are taking Olivia to the mall to get her picture taken with Santa and we have to go get her Chrsitmas outfit and some winter gear since she is too small for anything we have. Definitely can't wait to get a few pictures of her enjoying snow for the first time.



No comments: