Picking up from where I left off yesterday.....
After we got home, Cam and I basically sat around all day. My parents are in town so we all sat around our place and looked at each other. I was having some tightening but no pain. Around 5:30 we decided that since it was my birthday we should go out for dinner. So we all met up with Cam's parents and had dinner at the Gsrage. At about 9:30, Cam and I decided it was time for bed. Around 10:00, I started having some actual contractions. They weren't anything too painful but they were coming about every 5 minutes. Cam was already asleep so I decided to let him sleep until they became more painful. Around 2 or 3.....I don't remember, I am so exhausted at this point, the contractions started to become way more intense, especially in my back, but they also started to slow down, coming only every 5, then 10, then 15 minutes. By the time Cam was waking up to go back to the hospital, around 6:30, I was only having them every 30 minutes or so.
Back to the hospital we went. This morning was not nearly as quick as yesterday. There were 4 ladies already in there in active labour so my neighbor and I waited until noon to see if we would be induced today. I was luckily still having decent contractions all day, every 10 minutes or so. When the doctor finally was able to give me more gel I was 2, almost 3 centimeters and 75% effaced. Progress!! My parents were at the hospital shortly afterwards and my contractions really picked up. I got up to 58 on the monitor and was resting around 15-20, my peak yesterday. We walked for an hour and then they sent me home. I am now having some intense contractions every 6 minutes or so and hoping to get a little rest and a shower because it won't be too long now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment