
This morning Cam and I headed to the hospital at 7:30 to get this kid out!! We checked in and headed up to the 3rd floor. Thankfully, they weren't too busy today and I didn't get bumped until later. The nurse hooked me up to the monitors and while the baby is looking great, nothing was happening contraction wise. The doctor came in and checked me (wasn't able to tell how dilated I was, I guess my cervix was a little posterior this morning), so they gave me the gel to get things going.
Well, I lied there for another 30 minutes and still no real action. I was feeling a lot of tightening but no contractions were showing on the monitor. The highest I went was from a 8 to 19.....when you are going out of 100 that's not too much. They let me off the monitors so Cam and I could walk around the hospital for an hour. We wandered the halls, went outside so Cam smoke and walked the stairs. Still nothing major going on, so they sent us home with the warning that things could start at anytime. Since coming home I am getting a few contractions but so far they are not too intense. I'm glad I'm able to be at home with Cam instead of at the hospital. I find the hospital very stressful and it's not home so I was not nearly as comfortable. Plus, the poor girl they had beside me was crying and in so much pain, it scared me. She has been in early labour for 10 days!! I think I would rather be where I am, 9-14 days overdue with nothing, then being as uncomfortable as she sounded.
Hopefully, we will be headed back to the hospital at some point today, if these contractions pick up. Otherise, we go back tomorrow morning for a second dose of gel.
No comments:
Post a Comment