WOW!! I can't believe she's already a week old. Time is flying by. So far things have been going really well and we are starting to get a hang of this whole parenting thing. Definitely very tired but loving every minute of it. I am feeling very good and healing from surgery has been better than I thought it would be. I am getting around well and getting more energy back everyday. Since we've been home, we've just been relaxing and trying to get back into some kind of routine of doing our normal activities.
On Monday, we hung out at home all day and on Tuesday, we made our first trip to the mall. She did really well in the car and in her stroller. She slept the entire time, we were so impressed. The last couple nights have been rough, she has her nights and days mixed up so she's been up all night eating. The only way to get her to sleep at night is for her to be in bed with us. Because of the surgery I don't move well when I'm lying down, so I haven't been too nervous about rolling on her. She's very snuggly and loves to be held. My mom came down on Wednesday too. It's been nice having someone else to hold her and amuse her while I shower and get a bite to eat. I can't drive either so it's nice to have a chauffer and get out of the house.
Today was Cam's first day back at work. He said he was tired and felt out of shape. Who knew ten days off could have such an effect on someone. We missed him here too. Well I did anyways.....it was nice having all that time to hang out together and I love watching him and Olivia together. Today we went to Olivia's one week check up and she's doing great! They made me get her naked while they weighed her and then gave me a blanket to wrap in her in while we waited for the doctor...she pooped in my hand!! I knew it would happen but it was hilarious. I'm hoping things will continue to go smoothly, my mom will be going home sometime this weekend and Cam will be working so we will be home alone starting next Monday. I'm nervous and excited to be alone with her but I think we should be fine....I just have to get used to napping when she naps.
No comments:
Post a Comment