Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Almost 4 weeks old!!

I can't believe that Olivia will be one month old on Saturday! We waited so long for her to get here and now time is flying by. I constantly find myself wishing I took more pictures because I missed something or she changed from one day to the next. I also spend full days looking at her and not getting anything done around the house because I just can't pull myself away from her.
Night time is getting better all the time. She is very alert and awake during the day. She has been only taking short naps during the day, rarely sleeping for more than an hour after Cam gets home from work, I think she is afraid that she will miss something important if she sleeps too long. At night, she usually has one long stretch of 4-6 hours and then a shorter 3 hour stretch, sometimes 2 if I am lucky.
Feeding has become somewhat of a challenge for us. While breastfeeding was going well, at least I thought it was, at her 3 week check up last Thursday she had only gained an ounce in 2 weeks. She is 2 inches longer than when she was born, she should have passed her birth weight already. So I have started supplementing formula a few feedings a day. It took several days and several tries for her to figure out the bottle. So far there are no problems going back and forth between bottle and boob!! i take her in on Thursday to be weighed again, I hope that she has gained enough to satisfy the doctor and we can continue what we are doing now.



No comments: