Thursday, October 4, 2007

Two Weeks Old

Another week and so many changes. Olivia is such a good baby. She is becoming more alert and active everyday, too bad sometimes she likes to be awake at 3 am. I am trying to get her days and nights sorted around so I can get more sleep at night because I am not very good at taking naps during the day. She is also starting to recognize and respond to my voice. She loves to be talked to and she loves lying in her crib and looking at her bear mobile. She still loves to be held and cuddled, and I have to say carrying a 10 pound baby around all day long is doing wonders for my arms!!
My mom went home Friday after a day of shopping. Olivia travels really well in the car and likes to be pushed around in her stroller. We spent the weekend at home because the weather was rainy and cold. Ron, Shelly and Kurtis stopped by on Saturday and Great Grandpa and GG Prentice came for a visit on Sunday. GG brought Olivia her quilt, it is so beautiful. It has her name on it and it's really colorful, with bright pinks, blues and purples. She is going to love it for a long time.
Monday was our first day alone together. I don't get much accomplished during the day which is taking some getting used to for me. I am happy to get a load or two of laundry done or wash the dishes while she sleeps. Yesterday was our first trip out just the two of us. It took me 2 hours to get ready enough to leave the house. She did well while we were out at the mall, she slept most of the time and was only fussy at the first part of the trip.
Cam has been sick with a cold since Sunday. He's been sleeping in the spare room to keep the germs away from us.....unfortunately, I woke up this morning with a sore throat and cough. I am hoping it can kick this before it gets really bad. So far Olivia is not showing any signs of having this cold but it could make for an interesting weekend. I will be packing today so that we can go to Edmonton and Stettler this weekend. I'm a little nervous about the long drive but I am hoping she will continue to travel well in the car and hopefully we won't have to stop too many times.




No comments: